Monday, February 2, 2009

Dentist visit and other delightful events

On Friday I took Baby Bug to the dentist. It was her first real visit and I was really nervous about the whole experience.
There is nothing wrong with her teeth I just needed to make sure of that and maybe have a little cleaning done.
I am going to say this and say it now: I WAS SOOO VERY PROUD OF HER!!!
She did great! No, she did amazing! When we got there she put her little shy personality on, but as soon as she saw that there was a train track in the waiting room with tons of trains and cars she just knew this could be nothing less, but fun.
All the rooms were painted Hawaiian style and had some sort of theme. Bug choose the one with the turtles, the ocean and some really fun TIKI figures.
The dentist was really friendly and helpful. She explained everything to Bug and asked her if it would be all right with her if she took a look at her teeth. She just nodded no and opened her mouth wide. Here is where I just wanted give her a big hug but I just set up strait with my head up high, because I was SOO PROUD OF HER! She set there for about 10-15 minutes with her mouth open and just let the dentist clean some of her teeth. After all the “torture” she choose some stickers and prices to take home along with a pink balloon. This weekend we also visited the Long Beach aquarium again (the first time for Will) and had a blast. This time Ms. N really enjoyed looking at the fish and even tried to touch some of them at the patting pools. She had soo much fun that she was telling one of her friends about the trip on a “pretend” phone call.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh she looks so cute with that backpack! Yeah Naddie! And her first visit at the dentist!