Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Schoolgirl


Bug started Kindergarten a few weeks ago. She goes three days a week and she absolutely loves it. I love it. It is a very neat place with everything I imagine to nurture a kid’s imagination and childhood.
Yes there are rules and they are getting them ready for school but I do think that they can use that at this stage in their little life. She is encouraged daily to do things on her own to take care of her things and to make decisions for herself.
The government funds it and I feel that it is more community oriented than anywhere else we ever had her attend.

Parents are asked to volunteer their time or occasional help. The kids these ways get to do yoga, sewing, cooking and if it is up to me (as I would like to volunteer) some dancing as well.
They even bring their own snacks and lunches. The biggest and most important thing on day one for Bug was to carry her brand new lunch box.

No comments: