Saturday, May 5, 2007

Then and now

So here we go..... The past four months has been quite amazing. Well, actually the last six months of the pregnancy too. Nadine Margrete Wood (Naddie) was born on December 22Nd of 2006 at 12:21 AM. She decided to surprise us and grant our wish for the tax break so she came two weeks early on a Friday morning. Let me just say she was in a hurry to see the world and beyond. She was 6 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches. I gave birth to a banana baby! Let's fast forward......... She is now 4 months and 1 week old. She is changing just a little bit every day or maybe even every hour. Her personality reminds me of Will more and more. I often think she also looks more like Will than I. She is definitely daddy's little girl. I stayed home for two and a half months with her but had to go back to work and now she is in day care while Will and I are working. She loves both her caregivers Ms. Summer & Ms. Jamie and just lights up when she sees all the colorful toys the room has to offer. Up until a week ago she had no problem letting me go. She couldn't care less if I was there or if I left. Now, well now is another story. When we get there and I try to put her down to play or what have you she gets upset starts crying and wants me to pick her up and just hug. Oh, because that's something new she just learned this past week. She now can tell with her hands that she wants to be picked up ( and she expects you to do so if she does the work to let you know) and learned how to hug! I know, I know! Isn't that cute?? Well, not when you are running late to work and all you want to do is hug her anyways!! She is in the cutest phase! She found her legs and loves holding on to both while she is laying down on her back and sometimes likes to chew on them. She also found her left thumb and has a "gyongyom" (which is Hungarian for blanky) thing going on like I did when I was her age. She holds on to this big blanket that's about four times the size of hers while she has "The" thumb in her mouth. She also lets some laughs out but very rarely and mostly when Will is entertaining her. She eats a lot and some more! I can hardly keep up with her. I am not sure where all that food goes...oh wait! Of course I do! Just look at our blog's name and it will all make sense!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naddie, your Uncle Garett and I can't wait to meet you next month! I can't believe how big you're getting already! And yes, your Mommy is right...you do look like your Daddy! We love you lots and can't wait to spoil you like crazy when you arrive in California!