Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tummy Time

Our days in day care are numbered. Well, our days here in Washington/Oregon are numbered. It is not count down just yet, but getting there slowly but surely.

So our days at the day care center are numbered. I am just so glad. Not that we don't like it! Don't take me wrong. It is just all the snot nosed, coughing & ear infected little "monsters" ( and I mean that with lots of love) who surround Naddie on the daily basis. She is constantly open to all and every germ you can think of. Not fun! It was not a problem in the beginning since she was more of a "blah" and she did not participate in games nor had she ever touched the toys really. Now that her world is opening up to more social times she welcomes all the shared goodies that can make her sick.

I really like day care as I already mentioned. She seems to learn a lot each day and her development is closely monitored.

I have mentioned yesterday to Ms. Jamie that she really does not care for tummy time and because of it she is not rolling over just yet. ( I know that all kids develop differently and just because she is 4 months old it does not mean she should be rolling over)

Ms. Jamie decided to put her on the floor, surround her with lots of toys and put one of her little classmates right by her (who is 12 days older and twice the size of Naddie). There I was standing absolutely stunned and speechless. She was having so much fun trying to reach the toys while she was smiling and talking a way ON HER TUMMY!!! I guess these "mini humans" encourage each other and teach one another. What if there was a place you could rent one? I thought Craig's List would be the best place for the listings. I can see the title: " BABIES OF ANY AGE FOR PLAY DATES BY THE HOUR"

No comments: