Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle

We have kicked off April with a great big hike with gramps JR. & Molly.
As it is earth month and I want to mention a few things we have been doing and hopefully teaching Naddie and you (reader) too.
As of this weekend we are going to be hiking every Sunday to expose Naddie to nature as much as we can and hopefully start a tradition.
I have become obsessed with any and every bottle that can be returned for exchange of the refund. We really don’t drink any sodas so our bottles are limited to OJ and some fizzy H2O and the occasional beer. The money I get when I return the bottles goes to Naddie’s “future” fund.
I also should mention that we are raising her without bottled beverages. She gets about one cup of juice a day, which is her OJ in the morning in her cup, and the rest of the day she is drinking tap water only.
We did not do reusable diapers, but I am happy to say that Naddie will be off of using the disposable ones fairly soon seeing as she has been fascinated with the potty. She has learned to flash the toilet about a month ago and she actually did poop in it this last week. I have not been trying to potty train her it just happened. Right place at the right time.
Will and I have been reusing our shopping bags but we really need to get better about that!
We have kicked our starbucks habit and we make our coffee at home and if we take it with us we put them in our mugs.
We have been really good about buying local and visit the farmers market almost every week to purchase our produce from local farmers.
I really could go on but this gives you some ideas how to contribute to make mother earth a better place for our children! They deserve it!!!!

No comments: