Friday, August 8, 2008

Hot & Spicy

So, Ms. N loves spicy food! I don’t know if it has anything to do with me eating all the tasty, spicy creations of Will’s while pregnant, or just her inheriting mostly his genes?
My now 20 months old baby girl will eat jalapeno filled guacamole, “red hot organic blue” chips or just plain hot sauce like there is no tomorrow. What’s totally interesting is that it does “hurt” her taste spots on her tongue but she just keeps going. She seems to literally just rub it off. Yes, rub it off with her fingers while her other hand is reaching for more. She also learned that drinking milk really helps when it burns the most.
I also could not believe that even without ever telling her she started using HOT!! While eating something spicy. I don’t know if she thinks of it as the same sensation in her mouth but she uses hot for both spicy and hot as warm.
She seems to amaze me every day. I no longer can keep up telling you all about the new words or sentences she uses. She observes people around her as if she is getting ready to assume multiple aliases to carry out some mission.
My mission lately is to keep her from constantly hurting herself. I guess a little “Nikita” comes into action. Her motions are unpredictable and fearless. I use the word motion to describe exactly what I mean. Motion in physics mean: continues change in the location of the body!!! Exactly.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ummmm, you are making me hungry with all this spicy food talk! That is so hilarious! Belle loves spicy food as well, isn't it just crazy? Did you get my looong email a few weeks ago on the Joys of parenthood? :)Have a great weekend!

Love, Sara