Monday, April 6, 2009

Tired! Not quiet.

“Crazy weekdays and mellow weekends” what I would call our life at the moment.
This weekend though was nice and mellow.
We took Baby Bug to a little “Fair” that a non for profit organization put together. She got to see a fire truck from close up and even had a chance to sit in it, but she pretty much refused. Thanks, but no thanks!
We rode a mini train around the park and I might have had more fun riding that thing than Bug herself. She loved it; however I think I loved it more. I felt so relaxed and at piece. It was the perfect weather and I love this time of the year.
Bug is doing great with potty training. She spent the day in her “Elmo” undies on Saturday and just had to be reminded to use the potty every 20-30 minutes. So, I would remind her and her reaction would be: “Oh, yes. Potty, potty, potty. Uh, Uh.” As if she just realized she really has to go and not sure if she can make it to the bathroom.
The newest addition to her knowledge is that she is now pretending to read. She gets the idea that numbers and letters symbolize what she already knows. She knows the ABC and she can count to about 20. Obviously sometimes mixes the line up but she is so proud of herself, that she is now attempting to understand what the symbols mean.
She will look at the measuring cup and tell me that it says “1,2,3.”
Or daddy’s shirt “ABC” and than she will turn it into a singing fest finishing it up with “next time won’t you sing with me”.



No comments: