Tuesday, December 2, 2008

22 Days of Baby Bug's Birthday: 1s Letter


Dear Nadine!
Today is December 1st 2008. I have decided that one of my gifts to you this year for your upcoming birthday is 22 letters with everything I would like to share. Maybe I will keep this as a tradition for every upcoming birthday. I think that you will like to read these when you are old enough and hold on to them to share with your children and significant other.
My mind is jumping from one topic to another as I have so much I would like to tell you and perhaps capture for you. I will keep it simple for now and stick to the things that will happen (or happened, by the time you read this) in this 22 days.
Today is Monday. We had a long 4 day weekend and I was afraid you would be upset to realize that it was time to go back to daycare. To my biggest surprise I only had to deal with one melt down, related to getting your shirt on. You are at the point where getting dressed is YOUR job. You no longer need my help and how dare do I try!? I really love seeing how you try to put your shirt on your legs and how you struggle using your pants as a hat. Unfortunately we don't always have the time to see the outcome of your fantastic fashion statements.
Today was also the first day that in addition to your beloved blankie we also had to take your pillow with us. I fear that what was once the two of us and than the three of us now is the four of us riding in the car. Your "boi" (a.k.a. pillow) is one that Agi mama has sent you about a month ago. I knew when it arrived (in a shoe box and you yelled SHOE??!!!) that we might need to see an interventionist in the near future about your new found addiction.
You also surprised me and your little teacher when we got to daycare by giving her a hug, the kind I always thought you reserved for ME and for ME only. It's the very loving kind of hug. You have a different kind of hug for people in your life and I thought this was mine. As I walked away I knew I had to share. I have to share you with her, anyways. I heard her in the distance telling me how much she loves you and is really happy to see you after a long weekend and was craving the hug you have for her.
I thought it would hurt to share the love with others, but reality is that I love who you are becoming and the love you share with the people in your life. You just have the most loving nature. You adore people and love to make them smile and happy. You are a little lover and an entertainer stuffed into a little body.
On the way home in the evening you asked me a question and I did not understand so I had you repeat it. And you did. You asked me: “Whea is de sun?”
It is December and the sun sets early now. Today we also had thick fog hiding the sky and you took notice of that. So I said: “The sun went night night, so that the moon can rise”. You looked up and than looked straight at me (as if you knew that I can see you in my rearview mirror) and nodded. Nodded and said: “Hey Moon”. That was to let me know that you did indeed get it. It all made sense to you. Even though you could not see the moon, you trusted me that what I said is the truth. The trust I hope you’ll always have in me.


Love,
Mommy

No comments: