Monday, December 22, 2008

22 Days of Baby Bug's Birthday: Letter 10

Dear Naddie!
Today is December 10, 2008. It is Wednesday!
It seems you had a hard day at daycare today. I was told you were not yourself and I am not sure why.
I know you have big changes in your life and I will have to blame that for now.
You are approaching your birthday and that my dear comes with great sacrifices.
You are officially moved to the 2’s room where is you are one of the youngest child. When I dropped you off this morning I realized it might be a lonely place for you. For now. The room is larger than what you are used to and there are more children in there.
When you set at the table to eat your breakfast, you seemed so lonely staring at the older kids. They don’t really get you. You do not get them. You sit there with your little thumb in your mouth, while they all stare at you (back) and keep asking you questions.
“Why are you sucking your thumb?”
“Where is your mom going?”
“Why are you not eating your breakfast?”
You just sit there quietly with your eyes wide open looking from one kid to the next.
I know that for now it might be a lonely world for you in that big room, but I am convinced that you will fit in just fine and it will give you the power to adopt to whatever life will through in your way. You are one tough little cookie in that tiny body! You will be just fine!

Love,
Mama

No comments: